.NEW! Motocross Puncture Proof Nitro Mousse Foam Insert fits most tyres 100/90-19
What is a MOUSSE?
“Mousse” – is French for foam, simply put is just a solid foam inner tube, and were originally introduced to the off road motorcycle market in 1984 by the Frenchtire company Michelin. Several companies over the years have created different formulations of a mousse. However the composition and nature of the foam can have a huge impact on performance and longevity. So not all mousses are equal.
PROS AND CONS:
A mousse does one thing very well, that is NOT go flat. However they are also known to have several downsides.For example having a slow rebounding or non-progressive effect in their rideability. In the industry, this is often referred to as a “DEAD” feel. This loose or unstable feeling can affect the motorcycles handling and traction applications. Unfortunately they are not adjustable like pneumatic systems or inner tubes. However they do adjust themselves as they diminish and wear.
Being a solid foam unit, mousses are generally heavier than most tubes, and the dead feeling only contributes to this effect and feel. Nitromousse is a big improvement compared to past mousses. In general mousses are known to be a compromise in performance , but Nitromousse dramatically enhances the positives while greatly reducing the negatives. Nitromousse combines a high concentration of nitrogen into an incredibly tough micro-matrix of proprietary elastomers. This eliminates the dead feel and provides a much more lively, lighter and traction enhanced feel from the very first ride, as they do not need a break in period. Additionally our proprietary formula and manufacturing process provides a mousse that will last up to twice as long at a much lower cost. Nitromousse provides a much more progressive, predictable and secure feel from the very first ride that will never leave you stuck with a flat!
• Uses an incredibly tough micro-matrix of proprietary elastomers. Increased Durability, allows Nitromousse to last up to 2X longer than other mousses.
• Contains a high concentration of Nitrogen for Plusher Pneumatic (air) feel, eliminating “Dead Feel”.
• Nitrogen formula gives a Low Pressure Predictable ride, Resisting Impacts and increasing Bump Absorption.
• Nitromousse compounds allow for a more Lively, Progressive ride eliminating Deflection and providing a Lighter feel in motion.
• Designed and tested to perform consistently in temperature ranges from 30-100+ Degrees.
• Performance and Durability with an exceptional low price.